Want to join our Education Team?
Current Job Openings
Centreville Layton School Nurse – Job Description
Under the supervision of the Head of School, the Centreville Layton School Nurse oversees all school health related issues, policies, and programs. The school nurse provides expertise and oversight of school health services and promotes and instructs health education.
- Ongoing medication administration as prescribed/needed to students identified by physicians and parents
- Ongoing communication with parents regarding health and medication issues of children
- Ongoing renewal of CPR regulations and teaching CPR standards to faculty and staff
- Ongoing preparation of nurse’s office and classrooms for medical emergencies
- Overseeing health screening procedures (vision, hearing, etc.)
- Participation in field trips and off campus activities when appropriate
- Education of faculty and staff regarding health/wellness issues as appropriate
- Education/instruction of health and wellness to Middle School and Upper School students
- Coordination with State Department of Health and Center for Disease Control as appropriate
- Maintenance of all required and appropriate student, faculty and staff paperwork
- Maintenance of school medical supplies
- Coordination with Doctor’s orders when ap[appropriate
- Response to medical emergencies as they occur
- Response to students, faculty and staff who indicate illness during the school/work day
- Proper and current nurse’s license and accreditation
- BA and nursing degrees
- Experience working with children, preferable in a school setting
Centreville Layton School is always accepting applications from motivated, creative, and committed candidates. Please submit your cover letter and resume below.